posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes

Default Choosing an onboard laptop computer-what should I look for ?

Garland Gray II wrote:

snip
My laptop has a 10.8 v battery, and it calls for 15 v input from the battery
charger.
Would 12 v plus (or better when the engine is running) from my boat charge
this battery sufficiently ?
Or do I need to shell out $80 for a dc charger/transformer ?

Depending on how the inverter in the laptop is designed it may do
nothing because it is below the specified input.

But if you look on eBay you can find OEM and accessory laptop DC-DC
adapters at better prices.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)