R.W. Behan

Default Westsail 32. Kit vs. Factory finished.

Hi, Paul,

Pretty close. CAPER was #522
Your second post was interesting; I thought the kits were sold at about the
same stage of construction, i.e., all structural parts assembled. If some
folks DID do the hull/deck joint, there could be some shaky boats out there.
CAPER was a kit boat, and mostly well done, except for a couple of charming
quirks. The door in front of the electrical panel was not quite level, and
the butterfly hatch was a bit skewed. Just showed the guy who built the
boat was human. Other than those items, he did a first rate job of joinery.
She's back on the market now, and if you'd like to take a look, try this
link:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...neservicenter&

Most of the pictures are ones I gave the broker when we sold the boat. The
one on the title page actually shows me at the helm--but you need to look
closely!

Nice to hear from you. Where are you located?

Dick

"Paul Cassel" wrote in message
. ..
R.W. Behan wrote:
Hi, Rob,

We owned a W32 for nearly 10 years, and dearly love these boats.

Dick,

I was W32 hull #474. What were you?

-paul