Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Furuno & Magellan

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:07:53 +1100, "Grumpy"
wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a Furuno 6100 and a Magellan 315. I have the cable required got the
two units, but am not sure how to link the two. Any ideas from anyone?

I'm not familiar with the Furuno 6100, but the NMEA input should be an
RCA jack and labeled as such on the back panel. Your manual should
have the connection information.

If not, call Magelleon and ask their tech department. I have a 315 as
a backup GPS and when I upgraded the software, it had a glitch which
was cleared up in nothing flat. While I was on the phone, I asked a
question about the DSC input for an ICOM M-402 because I was thinking
about using the 315 for DSC on my Ranger and the tech had the info
right at hand, ready to go.

Good luck.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653