posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Sailboat do-over!

The Catalina 27 is a POS... I tried to tell you back then but you
wouldn't
listen to reason.

Back when??? I never spoke to you before or soon after buying the 27.
That said she was a lot of fun and cost nearly zero to own. A tall rig
version might be a better pic. She was bullet proof, but undercanvased
for the LIS. On the other hand, she made sense in that regard for the
first two seasons. I think it's fare to say that I've enjoyed each of
my boats more and more as performance has increased. The 35s5 is
probably the logical end to my boat buying until I crave something for
a much different type of sailing...long distance cruising, day-sailing
only or liveaboard...the latter appears to be our plan.
Meanwhile, my 1973 Catalina 27 cost 5K and was better built than your
Nordica with NO doubt. Even sadder...she was nearly as fast as the
Nordica. Then again, in all fairness to the Nordica, the Catalina 30
costs more.

RB
35s5
NY