posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Default Sailboat do-over!

Unlike you..... I have never regretted the purchase of any boat. I would not
change my mind on any of them....from my first inflatable canoe I bought
with my paper delivery money at 9 years of age, the many boats since
including my commercial fishing boats I owned to my current sailboat.

The Catalina 27 is a POS... I tried to tell you back then but you wouldn't
listen to reason. Then you slammed the Benneteaus and as fate would have it
.... ended up buying one.

You don't know what you want because you have no experience outside of
daysails on the LIS and thus purchase based on other's opinions and how good
it will look at the dock.

Until you understand that a sailboat purchase is made from the heart... your
losing streak on stepping stones will continue like a repetitive nightmare.

CM

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Imagine if you could go back in time and undo one or more of your
sailboat purchases. What would you change. Although I got a lot out of
my low cost Catalina 27, I'd buy another sailboat if I had to do it
over again. Obviously the "time" is a factor in our boats and the
Catalina was right for me as a first boat in many ways. Still, if I
could change things...

So what changes would you make? What purchases were less than ideal?
Did you fall for the wrong boat in your younger years?

RB
35s5...The RIGHT boat
NY