Roger Long

Default dingy question

Try it on the foredeck with the transom on the cabin top. Our 8 foot
dinghy fits quite well up there and I can get it aboard and launched
with the spinnaker halyard and the help of one kid. There is still
room to walk around it to the bow and it doesn't interfere with
sailing at all.

You can see the boat he

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Boat.htm

and the dinghy he

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Boat20.htm#Dinghy

for comparison with your boat.

Most of the time, we tow it. Inflatables don't tow well. I would
rather unlash and launch our solid dink occasionally than pump up;
deflate; and stow an inflatable every time. The solid dink also rows
better which
we prefer to dealing with an outboard, gas storage, etc.

If you ever have a fire or sudden sinking, a solid dinghy will also be
a lot more useful than an inflatable folded up in a deck locker.

--

Roger Long

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
Just looked at a 32' old full keel boat. I really liked the boat,
it needs work but it is the usual paint, etc.

Then I got to thinking ???? Where would I put my dingy when I go
off cruising. I would think that it would be in the way on deck.

Any thoughts? Do the rubber ones deflate and inflate easily?