Evan Gatehouse

Default convert Yamaha 9.9 to 15?

I was perusing the Yamaha online parts catalog and found the
following:

http://tinyurl.com/an2q6

"All these models use the same part catalog. Be sure to
order only those parts applicable to the desired model.

9.9 MSH (63V5 - Yamaha part code)
15 MSH (63W5 " )

The only difference between the 2 stroke 9.9 and 15 models
that I found was the intake reed valve assembly. They have
different part numbers. Everything else that I checked was
the exact same part number.

Here's the link to the two different parts catalogs (see
"Intake" for the reed valve assembly, one identifed with 63V
and the other with 63W.

http://tinyurl.com/7lpth for the 15 HP

http://tinyurl.com/aaahk for the 9.9 HP

Both have the same carb, pistons, and anything else I could
think of. I have always heard that there is usually little
difference between 9.9 and 15's; 6 & 8's etc. but I was a
little bemused to find that such a simple swap could
potentially save me a lot of cash by buying a 9.9 and a 15's
$41 reed valve assembly. Could it be that simple? There's
about a $400 difference in the retail price by the way.

What I *really* want is a Yamaha 15 ENDURO, but they aren't
found in Canada or the US. If anybody has a line on one in
Mexico or the Bahamas and some suggestions on getting it
into Canada or the US, let me know.

Evan Gatehouse