Larry

Default Mobile to Seattle

Gary wrote in news:OTXuf.20760$tl.2430@pd7tw3no:

So how tough is it to go from Mobile, through the Panama Canal and up
the west coast to Seattle? Are there lots of places to hide from bad
weather or do you have to have a very seaworthy boat.

Capt. Jeff

Too bad you can't swap boats like some of my friends swap houses.....

I have a friend who is in Orlando, living in a ham radio operator's
house for a month (or more, maybe). The American ham is living in his
house in Dublin, IE, for a month (or more, maybe). This is the third
time they swapped houses in 4 years. My friend has lived in other
hams' houses in about 8 countries over the years. They swap everything
except their clothes. They drive each other's cars, on the wrong side
of the road, of course. Last year they extended it another 2 weeks so
my friend could go to some Irish festival or other and the Irish ham
could wait for his daughter to come over for the Dizzy World with the
grandkids. Everyone had a great time.

Too bad boaters can't do something like that. Someone in Seattle would
kill their mother to have a boat in Mobile to get out of the cold and
rain for a while....(c; His boat has an enclosed cabin and HEATER no
boat in Mobile is equipped with. Cap'n Jeff has AIR CONDITIONING noone
in their right mind in Seattle would have to go with an open cockpit.