posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Rigging inspection service

That's what I thought, they use SS screws and nuts with washers do they

not? However I seem to recall earlier Bennies with rivits.

Anything's possible, but every first series I've seen had SS screws and
that's going back to the early First 38's. This fellow claimed he saw a
first series, then claimed it had undersized rivets after saying he
didn't know which boat he was actually on. All had toe rails that
looked identical to any others I'd had on my C&C. He claims to be an
engineer person, yet he was able to judge the rivets as undersized with
only seeing the tops and doesn't even know what they were made of,
except that they were finished to match the rail.
Yeah...some engineer type. Keep him away from my boat. I wonder what
kind of boat he'll claim to own.

RB
35s5
NY