Jim and Becky

Default advice on motor

I did a litlle research on engine weights.
From the 2004 Yamaha website:
4 stroke: 40 hp/3 cyl/ 182 lbs.
50 hp/4 cyl/233
60 hp/4 cyl/244
2 stroke: 40hp/3 cyl/189 lbs
50 hp/3 cyl/189
60 hp/3 cyl/228

Notice the 4 stroke 40 is lighter than the 2 stroke 40.
And look at the 50 4 stroke weight vs the 50 2 stroke weight. 44 lbs!
If its a 2 stroke you're buying minds well choose the 50 hp over the 40hp.

"Thomas Townsend" wrote in message
om...
I'm considering purchasing a 16' G3 jon boat. The package comes with
a 40 Yamaha. My question: Should I go with the 40, or should I move
up to the 50 or 60? Usually there will be only a couple of people in
the boat, but there will be times when there will be a total of 4-5
adults. To move up from the 40 to the 50 would cost 420. Do you
think it's worth the extra money?
TIA
Thomas