posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Rigging inspection service

I have no idea as I pay no more attention to them than to old Irwins or

old Ventures. It just looked lightly built with light guage aluminum
toerails that looked to be fastened with undersized rivets.

Well, now we can all know you're full of it. You noticed the rivets,
but not the BOAT? Oh, okay. How did you judge the rivent size...by the
heads? Did you pull one out to see it's diameter? Did you know that the
first series 35s5 has the toe rail fastened through the hull joint and
backed with SS fittings? Other builders simply bed the toe rail
(Typicall) through a cored deck with backing plates...which is weaker
and prone to leaks. Beneteau's method means fewer holes in the deck
(less leaks) and a stronger toe rail.

I'm really interested to hear your measured and studied response to the
above!

RB
35s5
NY