Skip Gundlach

Default Vented loops and suction

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
om...
Skip Gundlach wrote:
Earlier (way earlier, maybe a year, in a thread about LectraSans) I
commented about the extraordinarily long runs in the aft head. The
removal of the LS makes the exhaust run only about 15 feet, total
(counting the 3' up and down it has to go to the vented loop top).

That's still too long...

In ordering the parts needed to repair the forward head, I see that there's
a straightline joker outflow. That will cut about 3' off the aft head run,
so I've ordered it...

As for the manual for your PH II, you can download and print one from
he http://www.raritaneng.com/tech_suppo...s_manuals.html

Well, having just returned from the boat, and, also, having gotten a copy of
the owner's manual for our heads, I see:

The owner's manual shows vented loops, but I'd missed them in my prior
perusal online of them, as it's so counter-intuitive given the short,
direct, installation of the line between the pump and the bowl.

However, the OM also shows the "TWK" which is for odor control and
lubrication, using "Raritan Concentrate #CON22". Your prior comments
indicated you thought odor control - through these presumed expensive
options, which our boat had - unnecessary - but this refers also to
lubrication. Given the challenge and cost of rebuilds, I'm wondering about
that part of it. In the past, your description(s) of how to
(preventatively) lube a head left me scratching mine (head) as ours didn't
seem to fit the description.

So, how does one (preventive maintenance) lube a PHII without disassembly?

Secondly, referring to another part of this thread, I see in our heads that
a proper shutoff is immediately adjacent to the intake to the pump body (see
my December gallery for illustration, as I redid the intake to that point).
If placarded for guests, and known for us, to have that shut when not in
operation, does that suffice and is it recommended procedure vs the
antisiphon loop?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip, in rehab, closer to climbing aboard

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain