Jim

Default OT going to Fry's Electronics-Store theme

There are quite a few Fry's in my area. Each store has a theme.

Manhattan Beach- South Seas (Looks like Gilligan's Island) It works.

Anaheim- Space Shuttle

Fountain Valley- The fall of the Roman Empire

Woodland Hills- Alice in Wonderland (better than it sounds)

Burbank- The best of all, Space Invaders. Flying saucer crashed through
front wall, military guy posed with rifle. . . shooting aliens while
being shot with a ray gun. Snack area is a drive in with old cars made
into seating areas. 55 Buick, Kaiser (?) Always showing an old horror
flick on the screen above the snack bar. Very cool.

You'd have to see it. It's worth the trip no matter how far it is.

What themes do the rest of the stores have?

Jim

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

FREDO wrote:

We are going to Fry's Electronics!
My wife lets me go when I've been very good!
Man I love that store!
It is so huge!
It even has a coffee and sandwich grille inside.
The selection of puters and other neat stuff is so vast!!!

Fredo

Good Luck, :-)

IMO, Fry's has taken the big box theme just a bit too far. There is way
too much of way too much stuff in there. The choices are overwhelming.
We've got one in South Seattle, and I think some of the folks who went
there for the Grand Opening a couple of years ago are still missing.
Once in a while, when shopping there, I see that the search and rescue
helicopter still passes by trying to find them. I wish they'd fly just
a bit closer to the ceiling, the rotor wash ruffles what's left of my
hair.

Then there's the confusing issue of the store's hours: The sign on the
door makes no particular reference whether the 9PM closing time applies
to all three time zones spanned by the building.

The aggravating aspect of shopping at Fry's is that consumers have a
natural tendency to equate huge selection and warehouse merchandising
with low, low, prices. Caveat Emptor at Fry's. They'll take out a full
page, four color ad in the Sunday paper and advertise prices that not
only aren't "deals", they are well above average for the same or
similar merchandise sold elsewhere. But oh well, somebody has to pay
the salaries for all the public employees in the several small towns
contained entirely withing the average Fry's Electronics store.

The wifes friend can always tell when he stopped at Fry's on the way home.
He is still ****ed. Stupid clerks, with no knowedge of the product, 55
checkout stands with 3 open, and if you have paperwork for exchange, they
make even other copies of the paperwork.