Fisheye

Default Speedometer quit working!

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 03:16:13 GMT, Fisheye wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions, especially the tip about there being no
check valve. The clog was in the lower unit. 90 lbs of air pressure
would not dislodge it. Had to work a peice of wire down the foot from
the top and tap on it for a while. It finally gave way. Have no
reason to think it won't work when I go out again.

The Speedo on my Suzuki DF140 outboard quit working. The tubing
between the engine and gauge is clear and I can make the needle move
by pressurizing it with air from the motor end. If I try to blow air
toward the engine it appears to be totaly blocked. I'm wondering if
there is a check valve. Can't find anything clogging the pickup hole
on the lower unit, but it could further up. Any ideas on how to fix
this?