posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
RuFf!!

Default kayak air bags & kit

"MB" wrote in message
oups.com...
"As for Milk cartons, they work till the boat fills with water, then
they
give up on life and either pop the lids off or go wondering down
stream."

Is that from experience Mike ???
I've tried popping the top off an empty milk carton by applying sudden
pressure, and they don't fly off. + placed all together in a net,
there's no way they'll ever get out, as they are larger than the gap
when my back rest is in place (again the old physics thing kicks in
!!!).
I'm interested if you've tried this and it's been unsuccessfull.
MB

I was unsuccessfull with the milk cartons in my I:3, got a tiny bit of a
working in a hole, i swam out and the boat stayed in for a few seconds, some
of the lids had popped off which allowed them to go off down stream at their
own pace. That was in my earlier days of paddling so it'd work for me now as
I don't swim (or at least not untill I really really have to) and I have to
carry kit, which milk cartons will hinder I think.

Mike