posted to rec.boats.building

Default Artificial Laid Deck in Ply ??

Hi
No doubt you use Jim's suggestion, that's the way.

But before you get a router please learn the basic when using it ---
the basic are that when moveing the routher forverts youtr "land" are
supposed to be on the left side of it, --- that's if you run the router
along a plank then it must be on your left side moving the router
forverts.
If you use the build in paralell land and move the router "forverts"
that's away from you, then that land offcaurse must be resting on the
edge at the left of the router.
You see a router tend to move to the left when you move it away from
you caused by the rotation of the bit ,it sort of draw the router to
one side, and if you don't know this then you often ruin your materials
----- on the other hand this is what any profesional know, the router
stay in place if you have the land on the right side but go wild into
the wood when you try move it the opposite way whare that motion can
not be stopped by the land --- sorry this is the best my limited
knowleage of english allow me to advise on this, but it's the most
important thing about hand held routers ; you don't hold them by hand
but place the land on the right side and move the router in the right
direction compared to that.