Jack Goff

Default First outing of the year!

Everything came together yesterday, and we got in our first boat
outing of 2006. The weather here in SC was in the high 60's, and we
had a clear, blue sky. Calm winds left the water about as smooth as
we ever see it here on Lake Murray.

The boat fired up on the first try, and we eased out of the slip. My
wife was OK until we got out of the cove where the marina is, then hit
the big water (yes, Lake murray does have a large, open body of water
for an inland lake). Then, the temperature seemed to drop 10 degrees
and she was cold. Oh well, we still cruised around for a while then
put her back up.

They are dropping the water level about 15 feet for the next couple of
months to repair/replace some rip-rap on the face of the dam, so this
is probably the last time out for a while. It's gonna seem like
forever before that water warms back up.

Oh, and although I rarely post here, I do read this NG pretty much
every day. This place is great now that you regulars have cleaned it
up! Congrats to everyone for taking back the NG from the misfits.
It's been a pleasure to read lately. Carry on!

Jack