posted to rec.boats.building
Peter HK

Default Do-all boat?

"derbyrm" wrote in message news:0aVtf.693947$xm3.581355@attbi_s21...
I may be wrong, but I would be surprised if it exists in a mono-hull.

"Robert or Karen Swarts" wrote in message
Is anyone aware of a boat, or plans for a boat, that would encompass light
weight (1500lb), trailability, 16 - 22 ft, able to plane at high speed on
a relatively small motor (15-25 mph on 25-50 hp), cabin to accommodate two
people for at least weekends, and still be sailable? I realized it
wouldn't excel at any of these tasks, but I am curious to know if such a
do-all boat exists.

Bob Swarts

I agree that a mono is unlikely to do it. For a small multi that might fit the criteria see

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/rhturner1/

I don't think they go to windward that well but isn't that what a motor's for?

Peter HK