posted to rec.boats.electronics
Wayne.B

Default Waterproof Screens

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 08:49:56 -0500, Jack Erbes
wrote:

It would be great if you could find specs that give you the brightness
and contrast ratio expressed as meaningful range of appropriate values
and as they relate to day and night viewing in the real world.

Yes. I ended up buying my Furuno system on the strength of a
Practical Sailor report that evaluated all available 10 inch screens.
They thought Furuno had the best daytime visibility in direct
sunlight, and that all of the other feature differences between units
were more or less a dead heat in the final analysis.

We have not been disappointed and everyone else who has come aboard
always comments favorably.