posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Peter Clinch

Default What way to edge.

Dom Murphy wrote:
Pople are getting a bit too bitchy with each other for my liking, and a
bit too technical for my liking.

If you're in a long boat edge away fom the direction you want to turn;

That's a bit too, errr, /wrong/ for my liking. While it's true for
a carved turn, if I try and break into a strong tidal flow in a 5m
sea kayak using that advice then I'll get very, very wet and very,
very fast.

Long boats can be edged either way, according to the sort of turn
you make and the conditions you do it in.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK