posted to rec.boats.electronics
Dennis Pogson

Default Garmins and autopilot interfaces

wrote:
I have a garmin 176c, And a old navico auto pilot 8000. The problem
that I'm having is the garmin will only output nema 2.0 and my auto
pilot wants nema 1.5.
I tried going to advance settings and dumb down the output of the
garmin, but still no go. I tried my friends garmin 48 that unit
worked ok. Still trying to solve the problem. Any help would be
usefull. Jake in NJ

Buy an old GPS48 on Ebay. I have one in addition to my new 60CS. Well worth
the small expense, and it WAS the best around at the time. Detachable
antenna, great display, worth it's weight in gold! Cheaper than a new
autopilot!

Dennis.