Butch Davis

Default Great Fishing Day in Mobile Bay

Began the fishing day at 0800 with temp about 48. The bay was as smooth as
a pond and the sun was shining very nicely, thank you. The high was above
70 degrees.

Fished around the Battleship Alabama for a while with a zero score and moved
to the Choctaw Pass Reef near Little Sand Island. Also unproductive except
for a couple of white sand trout.

Moved to the Spanish River North of I-10 and gave that a try. Nothing untll
low tide around 1015. Then the Reds started hitting. We fished until about
1400 and limited out for three people. Caught a lot of very nice Reds of
which many were undersised or oversized. The largest keeper was about 29
inches and will be perfect grilled on the half shell.

Winter fishing here can be very productive and a lot of fun. I love it
despite being hit by Katrina and Ivan.

Butch