Peggie Hall

Default Peggy Hall - Best head available?

Mike OC wrote:
I presently use a vacuflush system that came with the boat and am quite
happy with it. In your case, depending on how you use your boat, I'd
suggest a Lectrasan system.

The VacuFlush is just a toilet...the Lectra/San is a Type I MSD
(treatment device) into which the toilet flushes, and can be used with
ANY toilet, including a VacuFlush.

But, and it's a big But, you have to have a
good size battery bank to be able to support the system.

Not necessarily so. The 1.7 AH consumption per flush looks scary, but in
fact, the actual daily consumption for two people is only about 10-12
AH. A stereo system running all day uses more.

If you're plugged
into shore power, no problem. However, if you're swinging on a hook and
don't run a genset then you can drain batteries quick. Lectrasans can use up
to apx 40 amps or so for 3 minutes or so each flush activation.

Better read the specs again...total treatment time is 2.5 minutes...the
first 30 seconds, only the mixer motor--which uses very little
power--runs...the electrode plates and macerator then kick on and run
for just 2 minutes. The average adult only uses the head 5x/day, so two
people shouldn't put THAT much demand on the 12v power supply.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html