Peggie Hall

Default Peggy Hall - Best head available?

Sparkslaw wrote:
A question for Peggy Hall but anyone is welcome to jump in...

If money were no object, and there was sufficient space, water &
power, what head would you install?

That depends on the size of the boat and/or how much room there is in
the head. If the head is really roomy, for someone who thinks a boat
should be as close to a condo on land as possible, who wants a toilet as
much like the "one at home" as possible, the Raritan Atlantes
pressurized flush water version...it's full household size, with a
one-piece china bowl and pedestal (like household toilets), uses about
the same amount amount of water as a VacuFlush, but consumes less power,
offers 4 flush options including "dry," and macerates, can be made to
hold water "like the one at home," and can be bought at discount for
about 1/3 the price of a VacuFlush installed.

However, since there isn't room in the head in most boats for a toilet
that's 19" front-back, I'd go with a Raritan SeaEra, also pressurized
flush version. It was designed to be an identical upgrade replacement
for the Jabsco 37010 series...the mounting bolt patterns even match. And
it's the only toilet on the market I've never been asked to
trouble-shoot...highly reliable.

If seen comments that Vacuflush
are great for people with more money than sense but have not seen
suggested alternatives. Is a Vacuflush the best there is?

No, just the most expensive. It's a good toilet...I had one on my last
two boats, because for years, it was the only game in town if you wanted
a pressurized flush water toilet that doesn't use much flush water. But
that's no longer true...you can now get everything it offers and more
for a fraction of the price. If I were buying a used boat on which a
V/Flush were already installed, I'd be delighted...but I'd never spend
my own money on another one.

--
Peggie