NOYB

Default OT The Conservative Brain

When I took the Boards in Florida, the 5 guys that took the Boards from IU
passed, and the 3 guys that I knew from NJ School of Medicine and Dentistry
flunked. I think *that* would be a good indicator of a school's "ranking".

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Perhaps patients should be involved with the rankings. I've heard an

amazing
assortment of reasons why people like or dislike dentists & doctors. Some
reasons may relate to the school where the doctor was educated, so any
correlations would be interesting.

"NOYB" wrote in message
om...
Could be. Reasons like you've outlined above are why there are no

current
rankings of dental schools...the only ones out ther are almost 10 years

old.
The schools were upset with the poor criteria determining the rankings

and
have boycotted providing data ever since.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

What's really significant, however, when you're applying for a job

in
engineering, is where corporate recruiters rank the schools. Purdue
ranked
3rd according to US News.

See? Now you're making sense. You've explained one source of the

rankings,
i.e.: recruiters. Of course, recruiters could simply be happier with

certain
schools because they are better at communicating with the recruiters.

It
may
not reflect the quality of the candidates. But anyway......