Doug Kanter

Default If this video clip doesn't make you cringe, then there is no hope.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 02:47:45 GMT, Charlie Brown
wrote:

Those are some stupid freaking people. I remember back in college, I
was working on a group project with this one girl who was reasonably
intelligent. THe project involved some basic knolwedge of world
geography and this chic had absolutely no idea where China was on the
globe. I mean no idea, couldn't even identify the correct continent
where it is located. That really blew my mind at the time. I didn't
think people with that level of education and intelligence could be so
dim about something as important and relevant as to where major
countries are located in the world.

Not knowing where Sri Lanka is I can understand. Not knowing that
North Korea isn't part of Australia is just plain dumb.
There are highly placed students in colleges who don't have a freakin'
club where their state capital is located, nevermind where another
country is.
And then, there seems to be a concentrated enclave of provincian
thinkers in Long Island. A year after I moved away, my old boss
complained that I never stopped in to visit. "Tommy....I'm in Rochester.
This is the first time I've been back in a year". His response:
"Bull**** excuse....isn't that right up by Yonkers?"

People at my home office have no idea where Rochester is. These people
deal with transportation all day long, and have enormous, detailed maps
of the U.S. on the wall in almost every room.

I thought Rochester was down by Wareham - towards Cape Cod.

(just kidding - spend lots of time at the UofR)

Eisboch

Everyone knows Rochester is in Minnesota.

I find this scary: There are people our age who can't spell Rochester. In
40-50 years of living, it seems some people have never looked at the back of
their box of film.