Default MAPTECH free charts - updates?

cvj,

So far it looks like NOAA has posted updates to several charts on their
site, allowing you to just download updates for selected charts, rather
than the entire file. I've not tried it yet, but i assume it will work
well.

i just ordered the whole NOAA collection of ENC and RNC files on DVD at
http://www.chartsdvd.com, so i'll need to figure out updates. i figured
it was better than downloading them one by one.

It also looks like NOAA will not be using maptech format down the road.
They mention tiff files on their site, rather than maptech bsb format.
should be interesting.

cvj wrote:
Does anyone know if the free charts on the MAPTECH will be updated on a
yearly basis...or is it a one time deal based on their past contractual
relationship with NOAA, which ended in November 2005?

I understand that NOAA will update their free charts on a regular basis
(yearly?)...but I would imagine that MAPTECH will charge for any further
updates.

Anyone know?

cvj