LD

Default Fuel sloshing out vents, help!

Thank you,
I'll check out the product at West (and I don't mind "being careful" while
filling if it can get me another 20 miles or so of range.
The previous owner said he uses one tank until empty then he knows he has
enough to get back. Good idea except it's almost 12 miles to the pass
before I even start fishing in the gulf. In other words, a 24 mile round
trip to the pass and back @ 2mpg, uses up one tank if I put in only the
12gal the prev. owner suggested.
LD

"Lawrence James" wrote in message
. net...
West marine has an inline vent check valve that uses a float to close it
when the gas reaches it. I put one on mine to try to cure a similar
problem. Trouble is that now it comes back out the fill line if I'm not
careful.

"LD" wrote in message
. net...
Does anyone know of an "inline" product that would act like a check

valve,
would work in a horizontal position, and fit my 5/8" id vent hose. I

have
saddle tanks and the vent is only 4 inches or so above the top of the

tank.
When I fill them full (two, 18 gal tanks) I wind up with spilled fuel

out
the vents, all down the side of the boat (and in the water).

I was thinking of a pcv valve reversed, but even that seems to want to

work
only in a vertical position.
Thanks in advance.
LD