posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Dene

Default Mississippi River trip -- what does a newbie need to know?

" JimH" wrote in message

"Dene" wrote in message

" JimH" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I'm interested in taking my family down the Mississippi River some
summer. So far I have almost NO boating experience, so I recognize
that I can't start with a big project; I'll have to learn the basics
before taking The Big Expedition.

Some people have advised me against going on the Mississippi
altogether. "Too dangerous."

Okay. What do I need to know?

Thank you for all serious replies.

Ted Shoemaker

Great advice so far.

A good link with a lot of information.

http://members.aol.com/americacruisi...roduction.html

That is a great site. Wondering if there is a similar one for Cruising
Europe?

-Greg

Good question. Where in Europe are you from Greg and where in Europe do

you
cruise?

I always wanted to rent a houseboat and cruise the Ohio River or to check
out the Ft. Myers area.

Actually....I'm from Portland, Oregon where we play on this little brook
called the Columbia River. ;

But....I'd love to do Europe via boat, in about 15 years. Buy a boat there,
then use it, abuse it, and lose it.

-Greg