Wayne.B

Default Free Maptech BSB Electronic Navigation Charts

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:06:03 GMT, (Mic) wrote:

First of all this is not a commercial post, but an informational one.

Dubious information at best, but what's new.

And I am not associated with the following ebay offer :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Free-... cmdZViewItem

The EBAY seller is not giving anything away. He has a "product" which
he is selling for $45 + $8 shipping.

His "product" is a collection of electronic charts which he downloaded
for free from the NOAA chart site, just like anyone else can. I
already have a full set which I downloaded for free and it did not
take anything close to the time estimates that our erstwhile EBAY
entrepreneur is claiming.

There is no such thing as free on EBAY. Why would anyone bother?
Is this a scam? It depends on your point of view. Is he in violation
of NOAA's terms of acceptable use? I'd guess yes but don't know that
for sure.

So Mic, how has your boating been lately? I haven't seen much of you
out there.