Calif Bill

Default Force Lekaing Oil

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I got the new seal for the drive shaft. $3.95 before my discount from
Davidson Marine. It was about the same for a tube of oil for it.

All done. Now if I can just remember to keep the motor down so the carbs
don't leak I'll be able to keep it pretty.

You the same Jim that visits the forums on my site from time to time?

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com
"Jim" wrote in message
If you haven't got the time to tear it apart immediately, at the
very least, refill it with fresh oil now!!!

Bob La Londe wrote:
I just drained it. Sadly... mostly water.

After changing the seals, pump up a couple of pounds of air pressure (I use
a bicycle pump) and listen for leaks or look for oil. Then when you remove
the air pump that you have sealed to the oil filler tube, listen for air
escaping. Helps to get the leaks before hitting the water.
Bill