Lawrence James

Default Fuel sloshing out vents, help!

West marine has an inline vent check valve that uses a float to close it
when the gas reaches it. I put one on mine to try to cure a similar
problem. Trouble is that now it comes back out the fill line if I'm not
careful.

"LD" wrote in message
. net...
Does anyone know of an "inline" product that would act like a check valve,
would work in a horizontal position, and fit my 5/8" id vent hose. I have
saddle tanks and the vent is only 4 inches or so above the top of the

tank.
When I fill them full (two, 18 gal tanks) I wind up with spilled fuel out
the vents, all down the side of the boat (and in the water).

I was thinking of a pcv valve reversed, but even that seems to want to

work
only in a vertical position.
Thanks in advance.
LD