Don White

Default Trailer Tire Air

Harry Krause wrote:
When filling the tires on my boat trailer with fresh air, should I be
checking to see what sort of compressor the service station uses?

Or should I avoid service station compressors altogether and use
strictly my own air compressor in order to avoid the nasties that live
in an infrequently cleaned service station compressor?

And if I use a service station compressor, should I feed its product
through a special filter?

the local Costco now uses Nitrogen to fill auto tires. I wonder if that
gas would also be better for boat trailer tires,
promised advantages...
tires stay at desired air pressure reguardless if the temperature climbs
or drops.
no moisture to rust your rims.