Alan Gomes

Default Marking Chain

I use 3-strand nylon rode. Assuming that you are also using 3-strand, do you
thread the ties through and attach them to one of the three strands or
simply put them around the outside diameter of the rode, i.e., around all
three strands? (Hope I stated my question clearly enough!)

--Alan Gomes

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:02:34 -0800, Evan Gatehouse
wrote:

I use plastic cable ties.... they last pretty well and they're cheap and
easy to replace. But they can be sharp where I snip the tails off.

Use a toenail cutter to trim them with a radius up against
the locking tab.

Better yet, leave the tails long the way I do. It makes them easier
to see from a distance and doesn't hurt a thing.