DSK

Default Fuel sloshing out vents, help!

LD wrote:
Does anyone know of an "inline" product that would act like a check valve,
would work in a horizontal position, and fit my 5/8" id vent hose. I have
saddle tanks and the vent is only 4 inches or so above the top of the tank.
When I fill them full (two, 18 gal tanks) I wind up with spilled fuel out
the vents, all down the side of the boat (and in the water).

I was thinking of a pcv valve reversed, but even that seems to want to work
only in a vertical position.

IMHO it's a really bad idea to put any kind of valve or screen in tank
vents. It's all too easy to plug up the vent and collapse the tank, or
have some other type of failure, even without those things. Plus the
ABYC takes a dim view.

You seem to have an inherently poor design. Is there any possibility of
raising the vents, or piping them to opposite sides? The only other
thing I can think of is to not fill the tanks so full.

Fair Skies
Doug King