posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
RuFf!!

Default kayak air bags & kit

It doesn't matter where you put the air bags in your boat, it will sit level
in the water untill you swim and it fills with water. I have an I:3 221 and
only have 1 stern air bag as it has very little room and when carrying a
drink, splits and a throw line it gets a bit cramped, there is a solution,
just fit stern air bags and deflate them when you want to put kit in, then
blow them back up again. Not sure on the foot plate situ with the RPM as I
haven't paddled one for ages but if you wanted you could put a small one
infront of it if you so wish. Hope this helps!

Mike

"MB" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is a fairly obvious question, but I could not find much info on
the subject.
I have a dagger RPM, and I want to get air bags for it. However, I'd
like to keep room to put a dry bag (in the stern, because the bow is
inaccessible due to bulkhead footrests). My plan was to put 1 bow and 1
stern air bags (on opposite sides, to keep it flat), leaving 1 stern
"bay" for kit.
Does that seem a resaonable ? or do you really need to go for 2 font /
2 back air bags ?
Cheers,
MB