posted to rec.boats.electronics
SaltAir

Default Windows CE and Charts

The Panasonic CF P1 has been around for awhile. Early editions were CE .
They recently migrated to pocket PC.

http://www.handheld-pcs.com/view_product.asp?ID=67

Lots of folk picked them up cheap on ebay and then found out that is wasn't
Pocket PC and were disapointed by the lack of available software.

SalAir

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
SaltAir wrote:

Ozi is the only one I have seen that runs CE. Many run pocket PC. If the
PDA happens to be a Panasomnic CF-P1 it will run Ozi.

SaltAir

I'm not familiar with that particular device, the Panasonic web site

http://phonearena.com/htmls/Panasoni...one-p_852.html

tells me it is one of the newer telephone also PDA and and that it runs
Microsoft Mobile for Pocket PC Phone Edition OS Version 2003.

There has been a non-stop, semi-bewildering, series of changes for the
names of PDA operating systems. The kernel for all of them is Windows
Compact Edition (Windows-CE) so, whatever else they may be called, PDA are
also sometimes called or referred to as Windows CE devices.

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/wce/versions.htm

So Ozi calling itself "Ozi-CE" probably implies or engenders compatibility
with any and all of the above versions. But, like the site says, try it
and buy it if it works.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)