Eisboch

Default Skookum 53 Sighting

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 08:09:27 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

. ..
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 08:04:25 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 07:36:42 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Nice photo, but it looks like a dismasted motorsailor. I thought Derby
and Wichita were closer than 5000 miles.

Man, you'd need one hell of a pickup truck to tow that barge.

====================================

For sure. It weighs 80,000 lbs and has an 8 ft draft among other
things. Apparently there was an option to get them with a sailing
rig. Although this one did not, it had a small mast to support the
outriggers.

80,000 pounds?

Good lord.

Not much more than my Navigator when I have a few of my beer drinking
friends aboard.

I'm not used to hearing terms like 80,000 pounds for boats. :)

My Ranger only weighs 2,800 lbs and the Contender a little over
10,000.

The Princecraft is a little over 600 lbs with me in it.

I guess when I think about it, 80,000 for a 50 plus footer iisn't that
outrageous.

Yeah, it kinda is. The Navigator with full water tank and both fuel tanks
filled weighs around 43,000 lbs. And it's 52'- 8" LOA. In this day and age
of light boat designs it's considered fairly heavy.

80,000 lbs must feel like driving a submarine half submerged.

Eisboch