Ryk

Default engine question

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 07:08:50 GMT, Lew Hodgett
wrote:

Ryk wrote:

I'm in a similar sort of situation, but with a functioning A-4. Try as
I might, I really can't see a way to amortize the diesel replacement
unless one is covering a lot of distance under power.

I don't know how you put a price on it, but if something screws and the
gasoline goes BANG, what price does that carry?

If you have guests on board when it happens, what is the cost of
litigation to settle the claims?

Just curious, what is the increase in insurance premium of having a
gasoline power plant over a diesel engine.

My son's Newport 27 with A-4 is insured for $2M liability as a rider
on my household policy for a total of about $70 / year, so the gas
soline differential must be some fraction of that.

An awful lot of A-4s have logged an awful lot of hours without much
carnage. How do you feel about propane?

Ryk