Wayne.B

Default HELP: Marking Chain

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:06:00 -0800, "cvj"
wrote:

Would appreciate some suggestions on how to mark anchor chain....

I use nylon wire ties. One at fifty feet, two at 100 feet, three at
150, etc., easy to extrapolate mid distances if necessary. They break
off once in awhile but are easy to replace and about as inexpensive as
you can get. They pass through the windlass with no problem and I can
see them from the flybridge at least 20 feet away. You can also buy
them in different colors if you want to get really elaborate.