posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Dirk Barends

Default What way to edge.

Steve wrote:
[...]
So, you always say "lean" (or "leun"), but then add "boat" or "body" to
the front of it to make your meaning clear.

Yes, but since I prefer a 'boat lean" (edging) over a "body lean"
in most situations,
when I am certain that it is clear that I mean a "boat lean",
I just say 'lean' (right or left).
Although I am well aware that for some kind of boats (very/too stable ones)
and situations, to get enough "boat lean", more or less "body lean" is
unavoidable though. In that case, the ability to brace (recovery in the UK?)
is certainly required, in my view and experience...

Dirk Barends