Evan Gatehouse

Default engine question

Lew Hodgett wrote:

I don't know how you put a price on it, but if something screws and the
gasoline goes BANG, what price does that carry?

If you have guests on board when it happens, what is the cost of
litigation to settle the claims?

Just curious, what is the increase in insurance premium of having a
gasoline power plant over a diesel engine.

Not taking sides, just asking questions.

Lew

In my case - NONE! My current 40' catamaran had twin gas
outboards until this year. Installed a diesel and called my
insurance company and they said "no difference" after
punching the numbers into their computer. Said that
sometimes it makes a difference, sometimes not.

Evan Gatehouse