Default Driving Doglegs

@ All

thanks for the replies

To clarify: I know how to navigate without GPS and with cross current
by useing vectors...

My question is purely:

can a GPS (alone, no autpilot) show you the course or where you have
to point your bow (bearing) in order to drive a straight line to your
target. WITHOUT creating waypoints or "manual" input like adjusting for
cross track errors ...

Since the GPS is a more powerful computer as the one that got the
Apollo spaceships to the moon and back, that should be possible

My garmin GPS 276C has a "CDI" which i beleive does just that but the
description in the manual is useless esp. in regards how it works and
what not ...

So I was wondering if the GPS can do more as what we can do on a map

Mat