posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes

Default Windows CE and Charts

SaltAir wrote:

Ozi is the only one I have seen that runs CE. Many run pocket PC. If the PDA
happens to be a Panasomnic CF-P1 it will run Ozi.

SaltAir

I'm not familiar with that particular device, the Panasonic web site

http://phonearena.com/htmls/Panasoni...one-p_852.html

tells me it is one of the newer telephone also PDA and and that it runs
Microsoft Mobile for Pocket PC Phone Edition OS Version 2003.

There has been a non-stop, semi-bewildering, series of changes for the
names of PDA operating systems. The kernel for all of them is Windows
Compact Edition (Windows-CE) so, whatever else they may be called, PDA
are also sometimes called or referred to as Windows CE devices.

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/wce/versions.htm

So Ozi calling itself "Ozi-CE" probably implies or engenders
compatibility with any and all of the above versions. But, like the
site says, try it and buy it if it works.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)