Gary

Default High Times

Brian Whatcott wrote:

What a load of crap. 2" seatbelt webbing, 2 D" rings welded by some guy
who has no idea what they will be used for, a foot of 1" webbing
fashioned into some homemade sit harness by some Chouinard wanna may be
stronger (not!) but I'd go with the UIAA tested, warranteed, insured
stuff made by some reputable company who has made tens of thousands and
continues to enjoy good success rather than the trailer park version.

Gaz
Still climbing and sailing - same gear.

That is of course, your option. And if you don't have the requisite
background, it is usually an EXCELLENT idea to go with the more
expensive choice.

Fortunately, I am not limited by the concept that bucks = safe in
quite the same way. That doesn't mean you're talking crap and
projecting. It doesn't mean you're dumb with judgment to match,

I have got several pro harnesses, an industrial harness (far FAR
stronger than anything you've got) and several swiss harnesses
(home-made by a guy who knows what he is doing)
and I can evaluate relative strengths.

What have you got, besides gut-feeling?

Brian Whatcott

UIAA approval. Trumps "gut feeling" and your evaluation (which is
really your gut feeling right?).