posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Reggie Smithers

Default Evaluating old sails

Contact your local sail makers, the class association group, or your local
yacht club. Most of the serious racers will change sails every year. If
you can't find any in your area, go to:
http://www.sailingtexas.com/csails.html

and look half way down the page. You will see a links to people who sell
used sails.

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
Rhys,
I agree with your assessment. I need a new suite of sails. Where do I
start looking for stretched racing sails?
Do you have recommendations?
Steve

"rhys" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 15:12:26 -0500, DSK wrote:

My problem is, I've been spoiled by nice racing rigs for too
long. But sailing, in any form, is pure enjoyment... try not
to get hung up on details.

That's true. The corollary to this, of course, is that a lot of nice
racing sails find new homes recut for cruisers at a fraction of the
price of new.

R.