Gary

Default High Times

Brian Whatcott wrote:
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:59:41 GMT, Commodore Joe Redcloud
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 03:57:52 GMT, Brian Whatcott wrote:

On 23 Dec 2005 09:00:57 -0800, wrote:

Lets see, about 20' of seat belt webbing, 2 "D" rings, a seat belt
adjuster for the chest harness (not the clip but the adjuster), 1' of
1" wide webbing, about 10' of hard braid nylon for prusiks. OK, I
already had the locking carabiner but they are about $6.00 each.

[Brian]

Yep, much as I thought - your rig is stronger by far than the
commodore's

[Redcloud]

??? How on earth do you possibly come to that conclusion?

Commodore Joe Redcloud

...because I am an engineer with experience at making both kinds of
materials. How else would I know?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

What a load of crap. 2" seatbelt webbing, 2 D" rings welded by some guy
who has no idea what they will be used for, a foot of 1" webbing
fashioned into some homemade sit harness by some Chouinard wanna may be
stronger (not!) but I'd go with the UIAA tested, warranteed, insured
stuff made by some reputable company who has made tens of thousands and
continues to enjoy good success rather than the trailer park version.

Gaz
Still climbing and sailing - same gear.