Reggie Smithers

Default A reasonable Proposal

Harry,
Here are some lively newsgroups you may want to check out:
http://www.politicalnewsgroups.com/

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I sorta agree. The reason why I started posting political stuff here
is cuz others would not refrain from it, a lame excuse I know.
Furthermore, political sites are so overcrowded that ones ideas get
lost. I'll go along with this embargo of politics.

At least here, the audience is somewhat finite. If the discussions didn't
descend into obnoxious bull****, some were actually interesting. Look at
some of the longer ones, and if you can, imagine what they would've been
like if 80% of the messages didn't involve some ****** complaining about
a boat that Harry may or may not have owned. Or, Scupper dropping
anti-semitic remarks.

Frankly. I find this place vapid now. I don't miss the strife, but without
real discussions about issues, what's the point of having a discussion
group? I mean, how many times do *you* want to discuss battery chargers?

It's certainly possible to have discussions without the pig-piling and
personal insults. I don't see why anyone here should take it personally if
I refer to a certain national political figure as a lying, intellectually
lazy, worthless piece of crap, or I think that huge, heavy sports cars are
a contradiction in terms.