JimH

Default A reasonable Proposal

Why do we have to keep proposing a deadline at all?

Let's just keep it going the way it is now.

"Reggie Smithers" wrote in message
5 days ago Chuck proposed we make some reasonable changes in rec.boats.

I have found a kinder and gentler rec.boats to be a vast improvement from
where we were. If we are going to attract more regulars to discuss
boating issues, we need to make sure we don't chase them away after one
visit. Chuck's proposal is a start in the right direction.

I would like to propose we extend the challenge for the next 30 days.

As Chuck said:

During this period of time, I propose that the group of worst
offenders, self included, take the lead in this challenge by doing the
following things.

1. Refrain from launching any sort of political or religious thread.
2. Resist name calling and put personal feuds aside.
3. Resist the temptation to respond to any political threads trolled
through the NG
4. Launch a minimum of two boating-related threads (not required of
non-boaters)