Rural Knight

Default Reading the Clouds

"Q" wrote in message
To all:

A lot of folks have their favorite "telltales" from nature indicating
future weather. Woolly caterpillars are a favorite of country folk.
I found the following regarding clouds:
http://www.americanboating.org/quiz9.htm

Anyone have any other favorite indicators? Minus 10 points for "Red
Sky at night..."

When I had a mule (I have a small "farm"), he would turn in circles
if rain was approaching - always to the right. He never did that
unless rain was coming.

I can also tell if there is a thunderstorm in the area by my Border
Collie Duke Dogge Dog - he will come into my office (or garage
or wherever) and stay right by my left side - don't know why, but
that's the way it is.

Later,

Tom